The European Association of Communications Agencies, a Brussels-based organisation which represents full-service advertising, media agencies and agency associations in Europe, is currently recruiting a EUROPEAN AFFAIRS ASSISTANT to commence work preferably in March 2017.
The successful candidate will work with the European Affairs Manager and will be required to:
- Follow and monitor developments within the European Institutions and carry out research into new developments in European policy-making
- Assist lobbying/advocacy outreach towards the EU institutions on proposed regulatory and non-regulatory measures that may affect the communications industry
- Help develop advocacy strategies and instruments on key issues
- Research and elaborate EACA advocacy reports
- Assist EACA’s external representation in meetings, events and industry coalitions
- Help maintain and expand EACA’s network of contacts amongst policy-makers and interest representatives
- Assist EACA’s membership engagement
- Assist research activities for EACA’s industry reports and initiatives
- Help organise EACA’s annual membership conference in October
- Facilitate the use of social media for policy purposes
The successful candidate must:
- Be fluent in English, both oral and written, as this is the working language of the organisation
- Be a graduate preferably in European Affairs, Law, Politics
- Be hard-working, honest and have a good eye for detail
- Have the ability to work with different nationalities, and a friendly personality
- Have at least 1 year of experience in a similar position and/or a traineeship completed
- Have an interest in the communications sector
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Be available preferably from March 2017
- Be legally allowed to work in Belgium
- Work in a creative and constructive environment
- Opportunity to work at the heart of the communications industry
- Opportunity to learn about, work on and implement advocacy strategies on different files (eprivacy, audiovisual, consumer protection, data protection)
- Competitive compensation package
- Occasional travel
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by attachment to an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 February 2017.
The application must include a CV and a short cover letter, listing 3 reasons why you are the right person for this position, both comprised in a single document which includes first and last name of the candidate in the document name.
Learn more about EACA: www.eaca.eu.
Selected candidates will be invited for an interview beginning of March 2017.
You can download the job ad here.