Data Protection & Privacy
With the coming into force of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), data protection has become an integral part of daily (business) life.
EACA has helped member organisations understand and implement the new requirements and responses to public consultations around the interpretation of the new rules or processes resulting from Brexit or the invalidation of the EU-US Privacy Shield.
EACA continues to engage in the discussions surrounding the ePrivacy Regulation, which particularises and complements the data protection regulation further by setting up specific rules concerning data confidentiality in the electronic communications sector.
- Joint Industry Letter (October 2019)
- Joint industry letter (May 2019)
- Joint industry letter (February 2019)
- Joint industry letter (November 2018)
- Joint industry letter (September 2018)
- Statement (April 2018)
- Joint industry letter (March 2018)
- Joint industry amendments (February 2018)
- ‘Like a Bad Movie’ industry campaign (October 2017)
- Statement (January 2017)
- Position paper (March 2016)
- EACA's Feedback on the Draft Implementing Decision on standard contractual clauses for the transfer of personal data to third countries pursuant to the GDPR (December 2020)
- EACA co-signs letter to EDPB calling for more flexibility on cookie walls (July 2020)
- Guidelines for agencies (February 2018)
- Response to guidelines on consent (January 2018)
- Webinar for agencies (December 2017)
- Response to guidelines on profiling (November 2017)