Masterclass: Avoiding the Hero Trap, Building a Transformative Brand
In an over-crowded do-good market, people don’t buy your values or your “why”, but rather who you can help them become.
In this masterclass, you will learn:
- How to avoid purpose-washing and find your organisation’s true relevance
- How to play a more meaningful and authentic role in people’s lives
- How to create behaviour change at scale and ultimately unlock sales.
- Change begins with “who?”: An introduction to the methodology and thinking
- Me is the new mass: The mass-production and mass-marketing era is losing its power to the democratisation of everything from businesses to media.
- Catalysts of the good life: People don’t buy stuff, they buy a better me. Deliver personal distinction: a gain of knowledge, experience or acquired skills.
- Motivation, the untold story: The market is shifting from an experience economy where it’s about value alignment with people to a transformation econ- omy where it’s about making people’s lives better across body and mind.
- The arrow towards a better you: We don’t buy what you make or why you make it but WHO you can make me become. Introduction to creating a transformative brand with the tool: The Arrow.
- The transformative promise: There’s a market pressure on purpose to evolve from a societal benefit to a tangible outcome for people – a transformative promise.
- The WHO void: Most products and services are generic, asking WHO moves the organisation from low interest to high interest as it enables people to achieve their goals. Tools: The WHO void and The People Transformation Canvas.
- The business case: Exploring the business case and why transformative campaigns outperform purposeful campaigns
- Pass the steering wheel: People are increasingly looking for meaning and participation across the marketing mix from promotion to product. Introduction to the tool: The Wheel – and how to activate transformation across the marketing mix.
- The five transformative market forces: Learn how to use The Wheel and innovate across the marketing mix and open up for people’s participation and resources.
- A transformative platform: Most marketing activities don’t offer enough opportunities for engagement; never be afraid to open up for people’s creative input and urge to create. Get to know the 8 guidelines for a transformative platform.
- The human re-evolution: Painting the bigger picture. Globally increasing living standards and materialism fatigue, combined with digitalisation, automation, robotics and bio- tech, are strengthening the development towards a market driven by self-actualisation.
“Most people don’t want better brands – they want a better life and a better world to enjoy it in. In this masterclass Thomas argues that if organisations want to succeed, they should start with what people need – it’s a great call to action for latent changemakers everywhere!” Joanna Yarrow, Head of Sustainable & Healthy Living, IKEA
“The best way to cut through the marketing BS and put people first” Ynzo van Zanten, Chief Evangelist, Tony’s Chocolonely
About Thomas Kolster:
Thomas Kolster is a frontrunner and one of the most recognised thinkers globally where marketing, business and sustainability meet. He continuously challenges the status-quo with his vocal, and often provocative, views on values, purpose, and leadership. In an over-crowded do-good market, people don’t buy your values or your “why”, but rather who you can help them become. Written two books: Goodvertising & The Hero Trap Delivered keynotes and workshops in +70 markets for clients like Facebook, P&G and IKEA and at conferences such as TEDx, SXSW and Judged top-awards such as Jury President at D&AD and Jury at Cannes Lions. Delivered longer training programs with universities and the likes of Cannes Lions and D&AD.
- Duration: 3-4 hours
- Delivery: online (asynchronous)
- Date and time: on demand
Price: 6€/month or 299€ for one time payment.