Are You Our New Comms Intern?
We are looking for a creative, ambitious, and enthusiastic intern to support our communication department. This is a great opportunity to learn more about advertising and communication at the EU level, to draw inspiration from our members and to meet & work with our small and lovely team in the heart of Brussels!
Are you the one?
If yes, your main tasks will revolve around updating and maintaining our website(s), enhancing EACA’s online presence, improving internal processes, attending (online) industry events and keeping an eye on our members’ latest activities.
You will assist the Communications Manager in:
- Improving EACA’s online visibility, updating and running the social media channels
- Updating our website(s)
- Designing new marketing material, corporate presentations and digital assets
- Building on and enhancing our communication plan
- Organizing online events/meetings
- Writing industry-related articles & news, as well as drafting the monthly newsletter and any announcements, 1-pagers, press releases etc.
- Updating and maintaining our events calendar & contact database
- Liaising with and support the Director General and the other departments when needed
We are looking for someone with:
- University degree/background in communications, journalism, marketing, EU affairs
- Excellent communication skills in English (spoken & written) – any other European languages are of course welcome
- Experience with CMS tools, such as WordPress, Drupal etc.
- Experience with digital & social campaigns and tools
- Highly desired: experience with MailChimp, Canva, Adobe Suite (InDesign & Illustrator)
- Strong time management & prioritizing skills
- Proactive and ‘can do’ attitude (!)
- EU passport, student visa, or other means of residing in Belgium for the duration of the traineeship
This is a paid internship for the duration of 6 months. Start date: immediately, at the latest by end of March.
Currently, our team meets at the office 1-2 days per week due to the pandemic. In the future, the norm will increase to 2-3 days/week.
To apply, send your CV & cover letter (max. 2 pages), as well as 1-2 writing samples in pdf format to email@example.com. Please include your name in the subject line as follows: Communications Intern [FirstName LastName].
Deadline for applications: March 6th (please keep in mind that these will be assessed on a rolling basis)