CALL FOR APPLICATIONS – A Project Manager Needed!
The European Association of Communications Agencies (EACA), a Brussels-based organisation which represents full-service advertising, media agencies and agency associations in Europe, is currently recruiting an European Project Manager in Education & Training, starting at the earliest convenience (preferably on 16 August 2016).
The successful candidate’s key responsibility is to support the Director for European Affairs in running the education and training projects offered within the “Inspire! by EACA” brand (new website will be launched at the end of the month) and contributing to the success and sustainability of the following projects:
Develop and promote the new Inspire! by EACA brand and contribute to its long term success and sustainability
- Build relationships with HR and relevant contacts across Europe
- Ensure that the training needs of the industry are reflected within the brand
- Draft proposal(s) to apply for EU grants to fund new education initiatives
- Assist the Director with the yearly planning and the budget
Help run the European Institute of Commercial Communications Education
- Liaise with academic members
- Organise the three yearly edcom meetings taking place across Europe
- Prepare and promote the yearly European Summer School taking place in July
- Run the yearly Ad Venture student competition and Thesis competition
- Work close with the edcom President in order to fulfill his/her agenda
- Develop the edcom strategy and new projects with members with the Director’s support
European Advertising Certificate (EAC) (30%)
Help run the EAC
- Provide support for the EAC online learning platform and liaise with learners, members and HRs;
- Organise the EAC exam across Europe;
- Promote the EAC amongst members and the communications industry
EACA School (5%)
- Liaise with EACA School trainers
- Organise workshops across EMEA
- Write press releases and newsletters to disseminate projects within and beyond membership;
- Elaborate and run surveys to help improve the projects;
- Other ad hoc task as requested by the Director
The European Project Manager in Education & Training will manage an assistant who will report directly to him or her.
The successful candidate must:
- Be fluent in English, both oral and written, as it is the working language of the organisation (other languages are an advantage);
- Have completed at least a Bachelor level degree;
- Have at least 2-3 years’ experience in project management;
- Be hard-working, honest and have a good eye for detail;
- Have the ability to work with different nationalities;
- Have strong organisation and communication skills;
- Have strong computer skills (Microsoft office, website interface, social media platforms);
- Have an interest in the communications sector;
- Be a citizen of a European Economic Area Member State.
How to apply
If interested, please send
- Your CV
- Contact details of two referees
- A 1 page letter of interest mentioning the earliest date you could start
- A short essay (max. 350 words) on the key challenges of online continuous professional development
to Tamara Daltroff, Director of European Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 July 2016. Please use “EACA European Project Manager in Education & Training” as the subject of your email.
Only complete applications will be reviewed. Telephone interviews will take place between 4 and 8 July 2016 and physical interviews between 11 and 14 July 2016.