The European Association of Communications Agencies, a Brussels-based organisation which represents full-service advertising, media agencies and agency associations in Europe, is currently recruiting a SENIOR EUROPEAN AFFAIRS MANAGER. The selected candidate will work on regulatory files as well as on a wide-range of industry initiatives.
The successful candidate will report to the Director of European Affairs and will work on the following projects:
Lobbying and advocacy (50%)
- Manage lobbying/advocacy outreach towards the EU institutions on proposed regulatory and non-regulatory measures that may affect the communications industry
- Maintain and expand EACA’s network of contacts amongst policy-makers and interest representatives
- Facilitate the use of social media for policy purposes
- Develop advocacy strategies and instruments on key issues
- Inform and engage with EACA members
- Help organize EACA’s annual membership conference
EACA Thought Leadership (25%)
- Coordinate research activities for EACA’s industry reports and initiatives
- Liaise and interview experts across EACA’s membership and beyond on the topic at hand
- Draft industry reports and work on their dissemination via social media, industry fora etc.
Industry relations (25%)
- Manage EACA’s external representation in meetings, events and industry coalitions
- Contribute orally or in written to EACA’s participation in different industry fora
The successful candidate must:
- Be fluent in English, both oral and written
- Have at least 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Have experience in managing people – directly managing one person
- Be a graduate preferably in European Affairs, Law, Politics
- Be able to take and drive initiatives
- Be hard-working, honest and have a good eye for detail
- Preferably have a good knowledge of the advertising industry
- Have the ability to work with different nationalities
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Be available preferably before the end of 2017
- A full-time position based in Brussels
- A dynamic, creative and constructive work environment
- An opportunity to shape industry standards
- The possibility to work on and implement advocacy strategies on different files (eprivacy, audiovisual, consumer protection, data protection)
- A competitive compensation package
- Occasional travel
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by attachment to an e-mail to email@example.com by 23 October 2017.
The application must include a CV and a short cover letter, listing 3 reasons why you are the right person for this position, both comprised in a single document which includes first and last name of the candidate in the document name.
Learn more about EACA: www.eaca.eu.
Only complete applications will be reviewed. Telephone interviews will take place on 24 October and 2/3 November 2017. Physical interviews between 6 and 10 November 2017.
You can download the job ad here.