EACA, referred to as “The European Association of Communications Agencies”, is an international association with a business address at 152 Boulevard Brand Whitlock, 1200 Brussels. It is registered in Brussels under number BE 0422.332.060, which is the data controller under Privacy Law (see the General Data Protection Regulation).
We use the term “User” to refer to the users of our website and services.
We use any of the terms “you”, “your” and “yours” to refer to the User who is reading this Privacy Notice.
We use any of the terms “we”, “us”, and “our” to refer to EACA.
We use the term “Personal Data” to refer to personally identifiable information about you.
- What information do we collect?
We may collect Personal Data in connection with a communication or service provided to you, including your name, address, contact information (such as email or phone number) and IP address. However, we first have to receive your consent to receive any communication or service from us. The types of Personal Data that we collect will depend on the communication or service you have consented and subscribed to. You may always choose not to provide the requested information. In addition, you can withdraw your consent at any time. However, in doing so we may be unable or unwilling to provide the communication or service that you request.
We will not disclose, sell, rent or exchange such personally identifiable information to any other organisation or entity unless you are first notified and you expressly agree to do it, or as otherwise required by law, or as necessary to deliver communication or services that you have requested from us.
- For what purposes do we collect your Personal Data?
We may use your Personal Data to:
- Communicate with you (e.g. send you a newsletter, a press release, an event invitation, or updates about an event)
- Provide you with a service (e.g. when you require us to perform a task)
- Process claims and other transactions (e.g. when making a payment for an event or a trophy)
- Confirm or correct Personal Data
- Help us run our programmes (e.g. education or awards)
- Audit our business
- Perform research for our own purposes
We may provide your personal data to companies that help us completing services (e.g. organising events) or sending communication that you have requested from us. They are authorised to use your data only to the extent necessary to provide these necessary services or sending communication.